- State: UP
- Coverage Area: 188 sq km sq km
- Places to Visit: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Wildlife SOS, Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah, Sheesh Mahal, Mehtab Bagh, Jawab Masjid, Anguri Bagh, Jama Masjid, Jahangir Mahal
- Hidden Gems: Santushti Shopping Complex, Haveli of Mirza Ghalib, Local Markets
- Best Time to Visit: November – March
- Shopping: Sadar Bazaar (Timings: 11:30 AM to 6 PM, Tuesday closed), Subhash Bazaar (11 AM to 9 PM, Tuesday closed), Kinari Bazaar (11 AM to 9 PM, Tuesday closed), TDI Mall (10 AM to 10 PM), Raja Ki Mandi, Shah Market (11 AM to 11 PM), Shahganj Bazaar, Shoe Market (10 AM to 4 PM), J.k. Cottage Industries, U.P. Handicraft & Handloom Centre.
- Explore: Street food, cultural presentations, by lanes of the city
- How to Reach: There is no international airport in Agra. Domestic flights on the route of Delhi – Varanasi – Agra – Khajuraho – Varanasi – Delhi are operated by Air India five times a week. International tourists usually like to reach Delhi first, and go by road to the city. Yamuna Expressway, a modern access controlled highway connects Delhi to Agra in 2 hours. This highway has junctions to Aligarh and Mathura via state highways. Agra is also connected to Lucknow via 6-lane expressway. Agra also boasts of a good railway station that connects it to Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Bengaluru, Pune, Bhopal, Indore, Kochi, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Ujjain, Jaipur, Aligarh, Mathura, Alwar, Lucknow and Thiruvananthapuram.
Agra is the city of love. Made famous by Shah Jahan, who built Taj Mahal in the memory of his wife Mumtaz, it draws millions of tourists from all over the world. It is a city with rich heritage and colourful handicrafts. Hotels to street food vendors, emporium owners to hawkers, everyone defines Agra in their own way. When in Agra, the first thing to do is to plan your trip to the great Taj Mahal. While driving, walking, and riding through the ancient city’s streets and alleys, explore colourful bazaars, ancient handicrafts and the mesmerising beauty of this great place.
- Taj Mahal: One of the most known wonders of the world, taj Mahal is much better than real life. As you walk from the Courtyard through the arch, you can't help thinking about the people who made it and the empires that it has seen becoming a part of the history. Best time to view Taj Mahal is early in the morning when the rays of sun give it an orange hue. The inside of the building is as amazing as the outside, but make sure you visit it at that time of the day when the crowd is less. The whole building is huge, stunning, and a fantastic place to be. Totally worth it.
- Agra Fort: Called Red Fort of Agra, the Agra Fort is the legacy of the Mughals. Structures like this indicate refinedness of architecture and construction that existed in India so many centuries ago. Situated just next to the gardens of Taj Mahal, the Red Fort is made from Red sandstone malls around at least 2 kilometres in both sides. Other its magnificent towers, it has huge palatial structures, mosques and a lot of open space.
- Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah: Special place both for history of Mughal Empire as well as architectural past of India, it is a marble tomb. Located on the side of Yamuna, it was made by Jhangir, for Noor Jahan.
- Wildlife SOS: Wildlife SOS is a place to learn a lot. Here you see how beautifully people come together and created amazing place that rescues and protects beautiful creatures. Animals as big as elephants have taken a refuge here and get a chance to live their natural lives without the torment that they had to endure. You will be inspired to see how nicely these animals get treated at the hands of humans.
- Sheesh Mahal: Sheesh Mahal is a great place to go if you want to click lot of photographs with different poses. The beauty and design of mirrors is A Remarkable site to see. It's a part of Agra Fort complex. Great stone work and gems.
Honey Buzzard Travel with our presence all over India, we are one of the top travel agencies in the country. People choose to visit Delhi with us because we are professional, on-time and follow the rules to the strictest standards of travel business. As your guide, we get you ready on all travel details, including the places you will be visiting, budgeting, accommodation, transportation, climate, languages, and much more. With Honey Buzzard Travels, you benefit from our networking. Book your Delhi tour today.