- State: Madhya Pradesh
- Coverage Area: 70 sq km
- Places to Visit: Khajuraho Group of Monuments, Kandariya Mahadeva Temple,
- Best Time to Visit: November – March
- Shopping:Khajuraho textile hand looms, Kuber, Kandariya art and culture, Radha Rani art gallery
- Explore: Temples, handicrafts, ancient architecture
- How to Reach:
- By air: Khajuraho khajuraho doesn't has an international airport, but the domestic one is pretty well connected. It is served by Air India and offers flights from Delhi Agra via Varanasi and Mumbai.
- By train: Khajuraho is on delhi Chennai and Trivendrum main line. The train station is relatively new and was opened in 2008. Jhansi is another major City that is very well connected by trains and near to Khajuraho.
- By road: Khajuraho has a regular bus service from Jhansi, but the buses take a lot of time to cover a short distance because of frequent stops.
Though a small town located in Chhatarpur district of Madhya Pradesh, Khajuraho is a world famous destination because of its temples. The depiction of Art on these temples is a manifestation of the essence of philosophy of Indian history. The sculptures that were built between 900 to 1000 A.D. represent the Indo Aryan era. The city had originally 85 temples out of which only 22 have managed to survive.
- Khajuraho Temples: All the temples in Khajuraho are adorned with intricate carvings and are a spectacular site to see and click. Most of the temples are surrounded by lush green gardens and are made in the background of granite and marble hills. It takes 3 - 4 hours to complete one round of any temple so whenever you come here do make sure that you have ample days to see the entire city.
- Moti Mahal: Part of the Mehrangarh Fort, this white coloured mini palace has colourful windows that give it a very distinctive look. This was where the Maharaja spoke to his audiences, and five alcoves on the far wall allowed his queens to listen the private conversations with the courtiers.go there early in the day when the crowd is less and you can spend more time inside the Fort. There are mirrors everywhere which is truly expected spectacular site to see.
- Mahadev Temple: Mahadev temple is a well preserved and gloriously sculpted temple in the Western group. From which side you look at the carvings, they look fascinating. Structure in itself is more than 1000 years old and is dedicated to Lord Shiva yes I has done a good job in restoring its beauty. For whatever time you are in Khajuraho, a visit to Mahadev temple is a must.
- Lakshmi Temple: This is a marvellous combination of architecture, sculpture and art, making it a must see once in a lifetime kind of place. The temple is made of sandstone but every sculpture is so prominent that it feels that they will come to life this very instant. All this beautiful work shows how committed the ancient Indian artisans were and how work was a place of devotion for them. The Beauty And symmetry of the place, at the feeling is beyond comparison.
- Shopping in Khajuraho: Rahul is a small city and does not have big malls. The best shopping places are the bylanes where you can buy souvenirs, handicrafts and jewellery items after bargaining. There are many art and culture galleries that sell unique gift items.
Honey Buzzard Travel with our presence all over India, we are one of the top travel agencies in the country. People choose to visit Delhi with us because we are professional, on-time and follow the rules to the strictest standards of travel business. As your guide, we get you ready on all travel details, including the places you will be visiting, budgeting, accommodation, transportation, climate, languages, and much more. With Honey Buzzard Travels, you benefit from our networking. Book your Delhi tour today.