Ranthambore National Park
- State: Rajasthan
- Star Animal to Spot: Tiger
- Other Wildlife Attractions: Sambar Deers, Leopards, Chital, Hyenas, Nilgai, Wild Boars, Peacocks
- Coverage Area: 275 sq. km
- Best Time to Visit: November to March
- How to Reach: Best way to reach Ranthambore National Park in by road. There are direct train and bus connections from SawaiMadhopur, which is at a distance of 17.6 km (44 min). It is well connected with major cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkotta, Nagpur, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bharatpur and Udaipur.
- Nearest Airport: Jaipur, at a distance of 162 km (3.5 hours)
Once a maharajas’ hunting ground, the Ranthambhore National Park basks in the glory of its royal background. It was made a sanctuary in 1973, when the Indian government started Project Tiger and allotted a dedicated area as their reserve. The park today has more than 62 tigers (last census done in 2014), and as their number is rising, government has already started shifting them to nearby Sariska.
- Compromising of wild jungle and rocky patches, Ranthambore National Park opens it gates to the visitors from October to June, though it becomes extremely hot after April.
- You may choose to go inside the park in gypsy, which seats up to 6 people or canter that accommodates 16-20 people.
- Safaris are available in two shifts - 6:00AM to 10:30AM, and 2:00PM to 7:00PM.
- When you plan for a visit, you should keep a time margin of a minimum of 2-3 safaris within the trip as it’s often difficult to spot tiger in a single safari.
- The cost of safari varies every year, but till now has remained around ₹500-700 per person.
- There is no extra charge for using camera, but videography equipment needs permission and an upfront fee payment of ₹400.
- You can buy the ingeniously made hand work of Dhonk, Anokhi and Dastkar at The local handicraft stores ofSawaiMadhopur.
Planning the Trip:
- Ranthambore National Park gets maximum tourists from November till February, when the weather is mildly chilly. If you are an adventure seeker and want to see maximum animals, plan your trip just outside these months.
- Book your air/train tickets two months in advance to secure cheap deals.
- Book your accommodation in SawaiMadhopur one month before to reserve nicest rooms.
- Check weather forecast and book your safari one week before.
- While packing, don’t forget comfortable shoes that are vital for enjoying your visits to the jungle, Ranthambhore Fort and local shops.
- If visiting in winters, pack clothes that you can layer so you can adjust according to the weather.
These travel tips are written with you in mind, to help you make the best of your precious time at Ranthambore National Park and enjoy your escorted vacation. As your guide, we get you ready on all travel details, including the places you will be visiting, budgeting, accommodation, transportation, climate, languages, and much more. With Honey Buzzard Travels, you benefit from our networking. Contact us to book Ranthambore National Park tour.