- State: Uttranchal
- Coverage Area: 25 sq km
- Places to Visit: Lakshman Jhula, Ganga Aarti, ganges, nature camp, yoga camp, Parmarth Niketan, Kunjapuri
- Best Time to Visit: November – March
- Explore: Offroad Camps, Ganga beaches
- Shopping: Local market
- How to Reach:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Rishikesh is in Dehradun, which is connected directly to New Delhi and Mumbai. Dehradun is around 40 kilometres from Rishikesh. For international travellers, the nearest airport is New Delhi. From there, you can either come by road take a Shatabdi to Haridwar/Dehradun and book a cab from there.
- By Train: Rishikesh has a train station, but it's not too big. Haridwar, which is located just the distance of 20 km from Rishikesh, offers better train connectivity. Trains running from all the major cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Chandigarh, Jammu and Jaipur come to Haridwar.
- By Road: It takes about 6 hours to reach Rishikesh from New Delhi via road. The bus connectivity is good, with many delux, AC, luxury buses playing on the route.
Rishikesh is one of the very rare youth destinations of India. It's also a popular place to visit what foreigners coming to India for peace and spirituality. Spread across the mighty Ganges, this small city holds many big surprises. From swinging bridges to the Beatles Ashram, there are many attractions that will make you fall in love with the city.
- Ram Jhula and Lakshman Jhula: These 450 feet long iron suspended bridges are the iconic landmarks of Rishikesh. Apart from being excessively photographed, these bridges are also architectural wonders. As per the mythological story, it was here that Sree Lakshmana had crossed the river Ganga on a jute rope.
- Ganga Aarti: If you ever come to Rishikesh, keep your one evening free for this magnificent event. Held in front of Parmarth Niketan, this auspicious aarti gives a deep insight about respectful Hindu tradition and its sacredness.
- Offroad Camp: Rishikesh is blessed to be around mountains and the mighty Ganges. Its proximity to the great Himalayas allows people to experience the serenity and calmness of nature. Offroad is a small camp, approximately 30 minutes from Rishikesh that offers great chances to anyone interested in camping and exploring the great outdoors. The ideal position of this camp allows people to relax, trek or hike, while creating fond memories with their family or loved ones. The camp organizes regular meditation and photography workshops that are aimed to help people discover their creative side.
- Kunjapuri: A temple that offers a good hike on any given day, Kunjapuri is dedicated to the local goddess. It's built on a mountaintop and is a good place to click photographs while experiencing the subtle spiritual vibes of the region.
- Kasmoli: An offbeat destination, this is a hundred percent organic village of Uttaranchal. The farmers have used cow dung as manure since generations and have never allowed pesticides to be bought within the 50 km radius of the village. Once a year, they also organize a nature fair in May which attracts ecotourism enthusiastic from all over India to this small place and discover the benefits of organic farming. Guests are also requested to volunteer in the local schools or lend a hand in plantation drives.
- Beatles Ashram: Rishikesh is where The Beatles came to seek nirvana. Their guru, Maharishi Dayanand Yogi Ji, had built his abode here. The Ashram is a quiet place with lot of trees around and offers a serene atmosphere for meditation.
- Rafting: Rishikesh is also one of the very few places in India that offer white river rafting and Ganges. The rafting season starts from September and runs through the entire winter and summer till June end. July and August are the monsoon months.
- Neelkanth Temple: Rahul is a small city and does not have big malls. The best shopping places are the bylanes where you can buy souvenirs, handicrafts and jewellery items after bargaining. There are many art and culture galleries that sell unique gift items.
With Honey Buzzard Travels getting hundreds of thousands of tourists every year, we stand as a strong contender of how travel and tourism shops must be run in India. We personalize all tours and make sure that our guests see the very best of what India has to offer. From small requests like making sure you have ample drinking water with you to getting your visa or tickets processed, we stand by you at every part of your journey. Our staff is humble and courteous, and understands that every traveller is unique with own likes and dislikes. We design our itinerary to accommodate search diversity of our guests, and try our level best to meet your expectations. To know more about us, please feel free to contact us. You can also book your Kajuraho tour with us to get the best prices today.